A Drum Roll for My (Our) New Book: The Metacognitive Student

If you were one of the few who wondered why I haven’t been blogging in the last year or two, I’d like to introduce my new book to you: The Metacognitive Student: How to Teach Academic, Social, and Emotional Intelligence in Every Content Area. I co-wrote the book along with Richard K. CohenDeanne Kildare OpatoskyJames Savage, and Edward P. Darrah. The book also has a foreword written by Dr. Maurice J. Elias, professor of psychology at Rutgers University. It is currently available for pre-order from Solution Tree Press and other distributors like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

This book is a must-read for teachers, guidance counselors, parents, and administrators. Why? Because it teaches a simple,  method for problem-solving in all areas of a child’s life. That’s reason enough, but wait there’s more: This process also helps teachers how to fit SEL (Social and Emotional Learning) easily into their already over-stuffed days. And once students internalize this process they can easily transfer this learning from one area to another.

We believe that this book is very much needed during this time when we all are facing unprecedented challenges in our lives. Please read our Solution Tree blog entitled Metacognitive Strategies for Improving Students’ Mental Health to see why we think so.